Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Nebraska Learns 2.0: Thing #22

Our city firewall blocks many sites so I couldn't RSS feed the Yalsa site I wanted, however, this net site, was accessible so I used it. It has to do with book reviews so it would be good for library use. http://www.netnebraska.org/radio/all_about_books.xml Although podcasts are very similar to Youtube, I find Youtube easier to access at our library. I also cannot access Bloglines because of our city firewall, but I can RSS feed through my google account. Today, January 7, I worked with podcast sites from home. I listened to President Elect Obama's weekly radio address on an ABC News podcast. Also I listened to The Economist, Matthew Bishop on "Philanthropy: How the Rich Can Save the World". Listening to NPR is quite pleasant. Entire concerts can be heard. "Brian Wilson in Concert" was fun to listen to while getting ready for my work day. I didn't transfer any podcasts to a portable device. Also I have subscribed to "Word to Mouth". It is a podcast of women's novels and non-fiction/author interviews and book reviews. It was very easy to subscribe as it had a link to google reader. My home computer is more user-friendly than having to deal with the city firewall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home