Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Nebraska Learns 2.0: Thing #23

My favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey was learning to use YouTube. That's when I finally felt I was really playing, and I felt a bit guilty about it too, I might add. Technology makes me nervous. I was surprised I could figure out some of the lessons with little or no "babysitting". My "techie" friends were very patient. I was surprised that I could be of assistance to a coworker - actually, that's when one finds out what has or has not been learned. Working from my computer at home is much easier than using my work computer. Since ours is a gmail address, many processes seemed more automatic than trying to get through all the safeguards at our library.

I am not technologically savvy enough to make recommendations for changing the format or concept. I certainly would need to participate in any other discovery programs. This timing was excellent for me (November and December) since I have no Teen programming during December. I could, then, devote the large blocks of time I needed to complete the 23 Things. I knew I HAD to be done before the new year started since I go back to my busy library routine in January.

I'm hoping that the "23 Things" stay on the website so that I can go back to redo and review. I learned a lot - but then, I had a lot to learn. I feel more secure in trying new technology strategies. Thanks for offering Nebraska Learns 2.0. I do appreciate the chance to learn anything which will be helpful in my work at the library.

1 Comments:

At January 7, 2009 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Sky said...

Bravo!! You did it!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home